- Students must register for the TOEP at least one week prior to the exam date. Registration closes seven days before each exam date.
- The TOEP is offered at the end of each quarter.
- It is recommended that students take the TOEP as early as possible and not wait until the quarter before they want to work as a TA.
- TOEP Registration is first come, first served. Students who register early will have the best opportunity to find a time that works the best for their schedules. IAE cannot accommodate every student's individual schedule, so students need to plan ahead and register for the TOEP as early as possible.
- TOEP scores are made available to all test takers and their departments about a week after the test date.
Register for the TOEP
The TOEP will be offered the week of July 30th for returning students. Any returning students who need to take the TOEP prior to fall must test during the week of July 30th if at all possible. September TOEP dates will be reserved for new students. If you will not be in Davis the week of July 30th and must take the TOEP prior to Fall, please email Emily Montgomery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional dates will be added soon during the weeks prior to the Fall Quarter. Please check back later to register for a September test session. You can join our mailing list to receive an email when the test schedule is made available.
To register, complete the steps below.
- Register for a test session using this calendar. When you register, you will be asked the reason for your appointment. You can just enter "TOEP" as the appointment reason.
- Read about the TOEP and how to prepare for it using the TOEP Overview.
Note: Students who have not sufficiently prepared for all parts of the TOEP will not be permitted to take the test.
- Download the document for part 2.
- Prepare for the TOEP. You may want to meet with an IAE Language & Culture Coach to practice.
- Report to 1350 The Grove 15 minutes prior to your testing appointment. Bring your copy of the document for part 2 and your Student ID.
Check out the TOEP Information Series on YouTube to learn more about the TOEP - what test takers need to do to prepare, what happens during the test, how the test is scored, and more.