- Students must register for the TOEP at least one week prior to the exam date. Registration closes seven days before each exam date.
- The TOEP is offered at the end of each quarter.
- It is recommended that students take the TOEP as early as possible and not wait until the quarter before they want to work as a TA.
- TOEP Registration is first come, first served. Students who register early will have the best opportunity to find a time that works the best for their schedules. IAE cannot accommodate every student's individual schedule, so students need to plan ahead and register for the TOEP as early as possible. Students who join the IAE grad email list will receive an email notification the day the exam schedule is published.
- TOEP scores are made available to all test takers and their departments about a week after the test date.
Register for the TOEP - Summer 2019
Sign up for the TOEP by completing the following steps.
- Register for a test session using this calendar. When you register, you will be asked the reason for your appointment. You can just enter "TOEP" as the appointment reason.
- Read about the TOEP and how to prepare for it using the TOEP Overview.
Note: Students who have not sufficiently prepared for all parts of the TOEP will not be permitted to take the test and, depending on schedule availability, may not be able to take the TOEP until the following quarter.
- Download the document for part 2: [coming soon]. During the exam, you will introduce this document to your class and highlight important information.
- Prepare for the TOEP. You may want to meet with an IAE Language & Culture Coach to practice.
- Report to 1313 The Grove 15 minutes prior to your testing appointment. Bring your copy of the document for part 2 and your Student ID. You may also want to bring a bottle of water in case you need it during the exam.
Check out the TOEP Information Series on YouTube to learn more about the TOEP - what test takers need to do to prepare, what happens during the test, how the test is scored, and more.
New Students - Fall 2019
If you will begin your studies at UC Davis this Fall and need to take the TOEP to determine your eligibility for working as a TA or AI, you can take the TOEP in September in the weeks prior to the start of the Fall Quarter. The TOEP will be offered almost every day from September 9-20. Registration for those dates will be available later in the summer. If you would like to receive an email when September TOEP registration is opened, please join our mailing list.