- Students must register for the TOEP at least one week prior to the exam date. Registration closes seven days before each exam date.
- The TOEP is offered at the end of each quarter.
- It is recommended that students take the TOEP as early as possible and not wait until the quarter before they want to work as a TA.
- TOEP Registration is first come, first served. Students who register early will have the best opportunity to find a time that works the best for their schedules. IAE cannot accommodate every student's individual schedule, so students need to plan ahead and register for the TOEP as early as possible.
- TOEP scores are made available to all test takers and their departments about a week after the test date.
Register for the TOEP
When registration is open, you will sign up for the TOEP by completing the following steps.
- Register for a test session using this calendar. When you register, you will be asked the reason for your appointment. You can just enter "TOEP" as the appointment reason.
- Read about the TOEP and how to prepare for it using the TOEP Overview.
Note: Students who have not sufficiently prepared for all parts of the TOEP will not be permitted to take the test.
- Download the document for part 2.
- Prepare for the TOEP. You may want to meet with an IAE Language & Culture Coach to practice.
- Report to 1350 The Grove 15 minutes prior to your testing appointment. Bring your copy of the document for part 2 and your Student ID.
Check out the TOEP Information Series on YouTube to learn more about the TOEP - what test takers need to do to prepare, what happens during the test, how the test is scored, and more.