In response to the campus directives related to COVID-19 precautions, IAE will make some adjustments to its programs. This page will be updated as the situation develops.
Please refer to https://www.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/ for campus-wide announcements, https://studentaffairs.ucdavis.edu/news/coronavirus-faqs for Student FAQs, and https://grad.ucdavis.edu/resources/corona-virus-updates-and-guidance for Graduate Student updates.
All IAE staff are working remotely. If you need to meet with a member of our team, please contact us to arrange a time.
Updates to Graduate Programs
- Language & Culture Coaching will be offered 100% online for the foreseeable future.
- Graduate student workshops will not be offered for the foreseeable future.
- TOEP on March 16-20, 2020 was cancelled. The TOEP will be offered online in Spring 2020 and for the foreseeable future. It will still be offered at the end of every quarter.
- TA Language Proficiency Requirement. Students who are conditionally eligible to hold TA positions will maintain their conditional status until in-person testing resumes or until they become fully eligible. That is, the two-quarter limit for TAs working with a TOEP Conditional Pass has been removed until further notice. Conditionally eligible TAs are still required to complete concurrent English instruction during each quarter they work as a TA until they receive a Pass on the TOEP or otherwise meet the TA Language Proficiency Requirement.
Updates to Undergraduate Programs
- The Pal Program will not host any large group events until further notice.
- Summer Start will be offered online this year (2020).