The Pal Program is seeking experienced Pals to apply for our Student Advisory Committee. Learn more about the committee below!
What are the requirements?
- Must have participated in the Pal Program for at least two quarters prior to applying
- Must be available for 3 hours per quarter to help with events (total of 9 hours during the entire academic year)
- Must attend quarterly meetings
How can I apply?
Fill out a short application here.
What do committee members do?
Members will assist in the creation, promotion, and implementation of Pal programming on campus. Specific examples of committee functions are listed below.
- Quarterly Meetings
- Events and Activities
- Speak with prospective students at recruitment events
- Brainstorm event ideas/themes
- Help with event setup, implementation, and breakdown
- Student Perspective
- Offer insight on events, program structure, and communications
- Propose solutions to programmatic issues
- Create a more student-centered program
Why should I join?
- Acquire valuable, real world skills like leadership, presenting, mentoring, and event planning and promotion.
- Globalize your campus. Help create a friendlier, more inclusive campus that aligns with UC Davis’ Principles of Community.
- It’s fun! The Pal Program will be hosting and participating in a wide variety of events and activities for participants throughout the year, which will provide an opportunity to meet interesting people from all over the world.